Jalila Essaïdi - Inspidere
dr. Melanie Rieback - Radically Open Security
Tjerk Opmeer - Netherlands Enterprise Agency
Sabine Walbeehm - Baktec BV
Reason to join:
A live interactive talkshow with inspiring guests. Organized by Venture Café Rotterdam, The Next Women, CIC and the RVO (Netherlands Enterprise Agency), and moderated by Rixt Herklots (The Next Women), you will address doing, growing and expanding your business internationally: sharing experiences, talking about opportunities, but also ‘the fear of the unknown’- why you are not doing business abroad and the factors that may prevent you from taking your business abroad.
What will you gain?
In this live talkshow, you will get informed, inspired, and motivated to do business abroad. Walk away with concrete steps and an enriched network to make your next international (ad)venture a success.
Guests and guest speakers
- Tjerk Opmeer, director International for the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) about getting financial support, personal advice, and access to network and events to help grow your business on an international level.
- Meiny Prins ( CEO and co-owner of Priva. In this position she was proclaimed Business Woman of the Year 2009 and received the first CleanTech Star of WNF (World Wildlife Fund) for Priva)
- Jalila Essaïdi (CEO of Inspidere B.V., a biotech company based in Brainport region Eindhoven. Founder of BioArt Laboratories, a foundation that offers entrepreneurs and citizen scientists access to a biotech laboratory and the tools and knowledge of cross-sectorial collaborations between the life sciences and the creative industry).
- dr. Melanie Rieback (is the CEO/Co-founder of Radically Open Security, the world's first non-profit computer security consultancy company).
- Sabine Walbeehm, as of 2006 she has been the owner and managing director of Baktec BV, a renowned manufacturer of special appliances for bakeries and the Food Industry. Under Sabine's leadership Baktec has grown the companies turnover substantially driven by market expansions and selling products now in more than 60 countries.
About the organization
The Venture Cafe Foundation is a non-profit organization.
We build and support the innovation community in order to accelerate innovation and to foster growth. By offering freely accessible programs we create a platform where students, startups, entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, government and other organizations can meet each other by ‘serendipitous encounters’ and create impact. Every Thursday (between 17.00-20.00) we host the largest innovation community gathering in The Netherlands.
More about Venture Café Rotterdam, click here.
The Next Women: "Everything that grows, needs the right environment to flourish". Next to a community of amazing women, TheNextWomen is operated by a team of professionals in the fields of growth, partnerships & projects. Because we are fueled by our dedication to establish change, we are truly unstoppable. Nice to meet you!
More information about The Next Women, click here.
CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center) Rotterdam is home to more than 250 entrepreneurs, investors and established companies. In a flexible and high quality office environment in Groot Handelsgebouw, these businesses can fully focus on their growth. With 9 locations in future-focussed cities, CIC members are part of a powerful global innovation network that inspires and pushes new ideas forward.
More information about CIC, click here.
The RVO (Netherlands Enterprise Agency) supports entrepreneurs, NGOs, knowledge institutions and organisations. We aim to facilitate entrepreneurship, improve collaborations, strengthen positions and help realise national and international ambitions with funding, networking, know-how and compliance with laws and regulations.
More about the RVO, click here.